Next Tuesday (October 19th) my dear friend Michelle and I will be traveling to South India, to stay at an ashram just outside the city called Madurai. We'll touch down first in Hong Kong, then Chennai (formerly known as Madras) and then onto Madurai. I believe we will then take a taxi to the ashram (or a train, or a bus?). That's something we should probably figure out soon, hey? We'll be living at the ashram for a month as we both complete our 200 required hours of training for our yoga teachers' certification. After that, we will be full-fledged Yoga Instructors!!

This will be our daily routine:
0520 hrs Wake up
0600 hrs Satsang
0800 hrs Asana, pranayama class
1000 hrs Brunch
1100 hrs Karma yoga
1200 hrs Bhagavad Gita lecture or chanting class
1400 hrs Main lecture
1600 hrs Asana, pranayama class
1800 hrs Dinner
2000 hrs Satsang
2200 hrs Lights out
We'll have one day off a week. I expect that will be the time for adventures and day-trips to places not too far away!
Here's the link to the ashram where you can find lots more information if you're interested!
http://sivananda.org/india/ttc.html

*This photo looks pretty old. We have 'uniforms' to wear. I wonder if they'll look like these ones!! Ahhh!!
After the month-long certification, we'll have another month in India to do as we please! There's no point traveling half-way around the world to turn back before we've had some major exploring time!! For now, we have a very basic outline, and when Michelle gets here in a few days, we'll make a more structured plan. Some of the cities on our list are as follows....
Thekkady, Kumarakom, Alleppey, Varkala, Mysore, Bangalore, Bijaipur, Pondicherry, Mumbai..... and many others. I've been told that the state of Rajasthan is very 'India' with elephants and temples, etc. but at this point we don't know how far north we will get. I'll do my very best to post as often as possible, to keep the peeps back home informed of our 'whereabouts'!
So many future stories I don't yet know about!!!
Oh my gosh! I am soo sad you are leaving!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay, cousin. Looking forward to all the updates. I hope you have a wonderful couple months!!
ReplyDelete