Today is Nov 19th. Exactly one month ago we left Canada, and exactly one month tomorrow we'll be back.... we're at the peak of our travels!
We did some advanced pranayama (breathing) exercises yesterday in our morning yoga class. It's meant to shift and stimulate the energy in the body and loosen any blockages you may have. Today I feel wonderful and light and happy... not that I didn't feel that way before, but now, even more so!
Michelle and I came into town to do some last minute banking and check our email. We brought our study notes with us so we could prepare for the exam tomorrow. We've learned at lot this past month. I hope I can cram in most of the info before 8am! I can't believe a whole month has gone by. It's been kind of sad having our last lecture, our last yoga class, etc. This has been a pretty special thing we've all shared as a group!
We received our spiritual names a few days ago. Mine is 'Jaya'. It means hail/victory. I like it. Don't worry... I won't insist that everyone call me by my spiritual name from now on! But, if you'd like to....
On Sunday we'll leave the ashram and travel south to the province of Kerala. We've got an overnight train with beds and airconditioning. It'll be about 8 hours long and it cost 470 Rupees each... that's about $11.00! What a deal, hey?? We'll stay a few days in Varkala and then head up the west coast towards Goa. Of course there will be pictures so keep checking back!
Love to all.... 'Jaya' xo
No comments:
Post a Comment