Thursday, November 11, 2010

Now I can show you what life's like here at the ASHRAM!

Hey everybody! I've got quite a lot of photos to post... I'll try to show you what it's like here at the ashram. Hopefully you can get the idea!

Here's the sign when we first got here!



I tried to take some long shots with a few of the buildings... I couldn't quite get far enough.....

In this picture, the yoga/lecture hall is on the second floor, the girls' dorm is underneath of it, and also to the right....



This is the 'tea hall' and the boys' dorm...



This is the canteen... called the "Health Hut".... we can get fruit salad, banana milkshakes (that's a favourite!) and other little treats throughout the day...



Our little 'boutique' where we can get the necessities...



And.... SNACKS!



Here we are in our beds.... fully equipped with our own mosquito nets!! Haha!! We brought our own nets as well, and we've got them on the mattresses, to keep out anything that might be living in them!! :)




We each wash our own plate, bowl and cup at the washing up station. It works out very well. No one has to wash more dishes than what they used themselves!!




This is the dining hall. At each meal, long bamboo mats are rolled out, the dishes are set up on the floor and we come in and grab a spot to sit. I'm one of the dinner servers and even though I'm STARVING after our afternoon yoga class, I have to wait until all my fellow yogis have eaten before I can have my dinner.... KARMA YOGA at it's best!!




This is the tiny reception area....



And the very archaic payphone system....



And our very sloooow internet.... (and only one of the computers is working...Still, we're very happy to have it! Our only touch with reality for the most part!!



With us doing the course here in India... we've had some really cool, authentic Indian experiences.... a few concerts... with some very interesting instruments....








I'm going to post this.... so I don't lose it all..... next..... MONKEYS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment